The duration of the program will be approximately 60 hours delivered synchronously by an AWS Academy Certified Instructor. This training will be delivered in 10 separate modules, which will take one week each to complete.
*Participants are responsible for an additional $50 fee paid to Amazon once training is completed for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam
^Tuition assistance is available to anyone that is currently unemployed, or has anyone in their household that is currently unemployed. Please reach out to Alex Kramer (email@example.com) for assistance.
Upcoming information sessions:
March 18 | 7:30 – 8:30 PM
March 24 | 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the AWS Cloud
- Explain the AWS pricing philosophy
- Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
- Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud, including AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Create a virtual private cloud (VPC) by using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Demonstrate when to use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), AWS Lambda, and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Differentiate between Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS), and Amazon Simple Storage Service Glacier (Amazon S3 Glacier)
- Demonstrate when to use AWS database services, including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Aurora
- Explain the architectural principles of the AWS Cloud
- Explore key concepts related to Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
Cloud computing skills are the 2nd most employer demanded technical skill across all industries today (source: LinkedIn). This training will prepare participants for the following career opportunities. Please note that some career opportunities require various levels of professional experience and education levels.
- Lead Development Rep (median salary: $85,641)*
- Program Manager (median salary: $107,019)*
- Project Manager (median salary: $106,949)*
- Technical Sales Account Executive (median salary: $92,712)*
- Technical Customer Service Associate (CSA) (median salary: $61,612)*
- Business Analyst (median salary: $95,146)*
*Source: www.burning-glass.com projections for Bay Area region
Contact Career Education Coordinator Stephanie Kriebel for more information.