NOTE: English Language Learners who want to register for career education classes must have a minimum CASAS score of 245 to be eligible. For scores less than 245, a one-to-one interview is required with the ESL Coordinator to determine eligibility. Please call 650-558-2126 to make an appointment.
The health industry has a high demand for Pharmacy Technicians. This comprehensive course will prepare you to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam.
Students who successfully complete the program qualify for a clinical externship at Walgreens.
- Identify styles of communication and the purpose/importance of each
- Understand decision-making and how this can affect your career
- Explore goal setting and how establishing and achieving goals can positively impact your career
Course content and tuition includes:
- 50 classroom hours and 80 clinical hours
- Pharmacy medical terminology and calculations
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Defining generic and brand name drugs
- Books and materials
Contact Program Coordinator Stephanie Kriebel for more information.