San Mateo Adult & Career Education loves hearing from Alumni – former students. Your successes tells us we are doing a good job. Your feedback about your time at San Mateo Adult School shows us where we can improve. Your wisdom helps current and future students.
Sometimes former students return to our school for events, to talk to current students or to speak on Success Panels. We really appreciate their visits and their willingness to share what they know and have learned. Alumni light a way forward for others.
Grow your skills and network through volunteering on campus or in the community.
For more information contact:
The Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer opportunity for students dedicated to serving and representing our school.
- Welcome and greet public incoming new students
- Assist in registration, orientation, and campus tours
- Represent our school at campus and community events.
- Provide tips on being a successful student.
- Take photos for student Identification cards.
- Practice and improve English skills.
- Learn and use office and workforce readiness skills.
Learn about gardening while you meet new people and practice English.
- Main meeting and garden work: Wednesdays in the School Garden, 12:30 pm – come for 1, 2, or 3 hours
- Farmers Market – one morning a week
- Open to all students and staff
- Contact: Teacher Betty for more information
- Join Green Team for a Green School and Green Community!
- Have fun and make new friends.
- Promote and be part of our Green Steps Classroom program
- Weekly Meetings in Room 29 – Come to one or both meetings
- Monday evenings at 8 pm
- Wednesday at 12 noon
- Contact: Green Team Adviser Teacher Cynthia or more information
We are here to help you to connect with the resources you need to achieve your goals. Talk to your teacher or a support staff member for more information.
The Public Library
The Public Library has multiple resources to help you with:
- English Language Conversation Groups
- English Classes Online
- Project Read English Language Classes with free childcare
Enjoy fun conversation and practice your English with Teacher Carolyn and classmates at school. Bring your lunch. Coffee and tea are provided.
- Mondays and Fridays from 12 to 12:30 pm in Room 29
- Contact Teacher Carolyn for more information
Mobile ESL Enrichment
- On Tuesdays we wear #Red4AdultEd to show pride in our school and carry the message that #AdultEducationMatters
- The Teachers Union sells red t-shirts on Tuesdays at morning break time.
- Contact CFT Local CFT 4681 Vice President Teacher Shari for more information.
Students in Action
More information coming soon!