A High School Diploma (or Equivalency) is required to register for this training. Proof of COVID vaccination is also required.
Financial assistance and/or payment plans are available for those who qualify.
Click here to view the recording of our information session.
Training for an exciting and rewarding career as a Clinical Medical Assistant has never been easier! In today’s busy medical practices, Clinical Medical Assistants are vital members of the medical team. Students will train to assist the physician in providing quality patient care. Students will learn to obtain patient vital signs, assist with minor medical procedures, perform simple laboratory tests, give injections, perform venipuncture (phlebotomy), administer medications and more.
Health industry need & salary information:
- 28% growth in California between 2014-2024
- Median wage for medical assistants in California $42,990
- Median wage for medical assistants in SF Bay Area $59,571
This program includes:
- 120 class hours, 40 hours at Career Training Solutions Online, and a 160-hour externship* where students will be placed in a private practice, clinic or urgent care facility.
- Online lectures Mondays and Wednesdays
- 6 Saturday in-person skills classes (1/29, 2/12, 3/12, 3/19, 4/2, 4/16)
*Requirements for the externship will be provided during the information sessions.
**Tuition includes CPR certification, national certification examination, liability insurance, externship, lab supplies, and a certificate of completion.
Contact the Career Education Coordinator for more information.