San Mateo Adult Career and Education offers Italian and Spanish classes for working adults to improve their foreign language skills for their personal benefit and/or career.
- Introduction to Spanish Level 1
- Introduction to Spanish Level 2
- Conversational Italian Level 1
Courses are currently being offered in the Fall 2022. Register now!
Begin communicating in Spanish from the first lesson. Students will be able to: Greet people. Introduce and describe yourself and others. Describe your surroundings: home, work, and your community. Explain your habits, daily routines, and pastimes. Express your emotions and state of being.
Textbooks: Learn Spanish For Adult Beginners, Explore to Win, ISBN-13: 979-8489033756
Level 2 builds on the fundamental language elements from Level 1 and continues to build on the study of grammar, vocabulary and cultures of Spanish-speaking countries and communities. Students will be able to:
- Build on vocabulary and grammatical structures within context of topics
- Explore everyday topics: self, school, work, daily routines, interests
- Converse in travel-related context
- Discuss medical issues with your doctor
- Communicate emergencies
- Talk about news, sports, entertainment, and hobbies
Basic Spanish, Jarvis, Lebredo, Mena-Ayllón, ISBN 13: 9780669046670
Conversational Spanish Dialogue, My Daily Spanish, ISBN: 13: 9781701935075
Join us for this popular and practical language course. Students will:
Find the conversational approach of each session both practical and easy to follow.
• Learn patterns and idioms of daily speech.
• Receive structured grammar instruction.
• Improve fluency in the spoken language.
• Be exposed to Italian conversation through movies in class.
Ciao, 7th Edition, Federici, and Larese-Riga. ISBN: 1428288376.
Ciao, 6th Edition, Riga, Dal Martello. ISBN: 13:9781413016369