WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
On behalf of everyone at San Mateo Adult School, I would like to welcome you to our school. You will find friendly and helpful office staff ready to assist with getting you to the right classes. Active and engaged teachers will guide you along the way to your personal success. Our innovative collaborations with college and community partners make San Mateo Adult School the place to explore new ways to develop the skills you need to reach your career, college or community involvement goals. Everyone is welcome. Working together we can all create a better San Mateo.
The search for knowledge, understanding and growth is continuous. San Mateo Adult & Career Education is the catalyst for student intellectual growth, creativity, and sustained health. We develop skilled workers, strong families, and successful communities by offering opportunities to learn at every stage of adult life.
Our core values
Dream, believe, succeed at San Mateo Adult & Career Education
- Each individual has equal inherent dignity and worth.
- Motivation is essential for reaching one’s potential.
- Family is essential to the development of an individual’s values.
- Higher expectations yield higher results.
- Learning develops the aesthetic, emotional, intellectual, practical, and social aspects of the whole person.
- Communities have a responsibility to the individual as individuals have a responsibility to the community.
- Learning is a unique, personal, and lifelong experience.
- Diversity enriches the community.
Equity & Anti-Bias statement
The Equity and Anti-Bias Committee is searching for ways to support our school’s attempt to raise staff, teacher and student awareness regarding how race and other factors affect our behavior, thinking, curriculum and the environment at our school community. We are committed to open discussion, formulating a clear policy, providing resources and meaningful training to help all staff.
We are confident that the formulation and efforts of this committee will be an opportunity to communicate with one another and understand our own struggles and experiences surrounding bias. We are in this together. And together, we will all put our best efforts towards a common goal- to ensure that we treat others and that we are treated with the dignity and respect we each deserve.